Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Moving!!!

It has been a crazy month. Just after Thanksgiving we found out we would be closing on our house on December 15th. This gave us two weeks!! I called my mom and she got a plane ticket to come help. We frantically searched for a place to live that we could get into right away! We found a cute place that was vacant and we were able to move in the next day! My mom and I rented a U-haul and started working! We went to the dollar store and got Rockstar energy drinks. My mom was drinking hers from a shot glass. It was hysterical! We worked so hard! After we got all of our stuff in we realized the gas and water had been shut off!!! What a nightmare! They couldn't turn the water on till Monday and it was Friday night. The gas company wasn't open and when I called them Monday they needed 3 days notice so we didn't get gas till Thursday! My mom told me it was just like camping. It was one of those situation where if you don't laugh you'll cry. And we laughed A LOT!! At least we were able to move in time. I definitely appreciate water and heat much more now!
I couldn't have done it without my mom though. It was funny because just the other day Dave and I were driving and we saw one of those 'two guys and a truck' trucks and I said "hey, we could have hired them!" and Dave said "why? we had one lady from Utah". How lucky are we!?

THANKS MOM!!!

2 comments:

karlin said...

Good job on the move. Moms are the best!

emily said...

Your mom is wonder woman, for sure! She is the best. Love reading your family updates!!